Wednesday, February 20, 2013

To Flu Shot or Not To Flu Shot?


It's that time of year again.  People are falling ill left and right and it's a wonder we're not all in bed with a box of Kleenex and the Roku remote.  Knock on wood, but my family and I have managed to avoid the flu so far this season.

Many of my clients ask me if they should get a flu shot as a preventative measure.  My answer is a resounding NO.  Here's why:
  • The flu shot is developed based on what researches think will be prevalent.  This year, many people who received the flu vaccination are still very sick.  The flu shot is no guarantee that you won't catch the flu.  In fact, some research studies have demonstrated that the flu shot is no more effective than a placebo.
  • Most flu shots contain mercury.  It is very difficult to get a mercury-free flu shot.  So although we demand that our children's vaccinations be mercury-free, many parents unwittingly turn around and have their children injected with mercury, formaldehide, and detergent every winter.  Did you know that these toxins lower immunity and actually can make you more susceptible to the disease?
Those are reason enough for me to avoid the flu shot.  It hardly seems worth it when there's little proof that it's effective, and it contains toxic chemicals that I don't want in my or my children's bodies.
So how do we stay healthy?  The natural way, of course!  Here's my daily protocol:
  • drink warm lemon water first thing in the morning
  • take 30mg of zinc and 5000 IU Vitamin D3 daily
  • take oil of oregano capsules at the first sign of flu-y symptoms
  • eat LOTS of garlic, ginger and onions along with dark leafy greens
  • cut back on meat, gluten, dairy and sugar
  • get plenty of sleep
  • and of course, wash your hands!
Some of my clients also swear by daily echinachea and elderberry syrup.

What are you doing to stay healthy this flu season?

No comments:

Post a Comment